- From the Home Screen, tap Settings and then tap Store.
- Tap Sign In, or sign out if someone else's Apple ID is there already.
- When a prompt appears, tap Create New Apple ID.
- Choose the appropriate store by tapping Store, and select the country in which you are located. Tap Done to confirm your selection, then tap Next to proceed to the next screen.
- The next screen will display the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions. You can opt to have the Terms and Conditions emailed to you for easier reading by tapping Send by Email. To do this, enter your valid email address then tap Send.
- To agree to the Terms and Conditions, tap the Agree button which is located in the bottom-right of the page. Tap Agree again when the confirmation appears.
- Once you've agreed to the terms and conditions, you'll need to enter an email address, password, and choose security questions and provide answers to them.
- You can also enter an optional rescue email address.
- The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID (which is what you will use to log in to the iTunes Store). Enter your email address and then tap Next.
Tip: If you are trying to create an account using an existing Apple ID, like your MobileMe email address, you will receive a prompt telling you that your email address is already an Apple ID. Simply tap Continue, then tap Use Existing Account on the following screen.
- Next, you'll be required to enter your billing information. To change the default card type, tap the Credit Card field. Select your card type and tap Done. You will not be charged until you make a purchase.
- Once you've filled out all the fields for your billing information, tap Next.
- You'll then see a screen that says Verify Your Email Address.
- Tap Done and check your email for a verification email from Apple. If you need to set up email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, see iOS: Setting up an email account.
- Open the email and tap the Verify Now link enclosed in the email to activate your account.
- You'll be taken to a secure page to enter your Apple ID and password to complete your account verification.
- Once you've entered your email address and password, tap Verify Address.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Creating an Apple ID in iPad
To modify or change your account information such as Apple ID, payment information, or billing address, tap your account name located at the bottom of the page once you are signed in to the iTunes Store. When prompted, tap View Account.